Scholarships and Grants
Registration aids for large families (with concession card):
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Grants for publication expenses:
- Conditioned to the available budget, the Electronic Engineering Department in UPC opens a yearly call for grants to cover the expenses generated by publications in journals and international congresses. Please check the conditions of the last call.
Grants for Thesis manuscript expenses:
- UPC thesis manuscripts that follow the recommended format with the Electronic Engineering Department logo will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of the copies, with an upper limit of 300 €. Please contact Aurora Rubio for more information.
Grants for the expenses of the Thesis Examination Panel:
- The research vice-dean in UPC funds the expenses generated by the evaluation committee, with an upper limit is 300 € for year 2015 and court costs thesis Mention International, the amount is 600 €. In case the expected expenses exceed this amount, the financing sources to cover this excess will be justified to the administrative unit.
- On the other hand, the Program can co-fund 50% of this excess, up to a limit of 300 €, when the thesis will have the International Certification.
- FPI Grants, MINECO (Formación de Personal Investigador - Attached to the Projects in the Plan Nacional I+D+i) [Opening has been irregular - last opening AUGUST-SEPTEMBER 2013]
- FPU Grants, ME (Formación de Profesorado Universitario) [Opening has been irregular - last opening NOVEMBER 2013]
- , AGAUR, Generalitat de Catalunya (Formación de Investigadores) [Expected opening by SEPTEMBER]
- UPC Research Grants, Doctorate Office, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya [Will not open in 2013. Were opened by MAY-JUNE]
You can find the information on the last calls opened at the CTT website - Unitat d'Assessorament i Suport Laboral a la Recerca.
For foreign students, some other programs exist:
- Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AECID)
- CONACYT Fellowships (Mexico)
- SENESCYT Fellowships (Ecuador)
- COLCIENCIAS Fellowsips (Colombia)
- For students from CHINA: the UPC has signed an agreement with the China Scholarship Council ( http://en.csc.edu.cn), which makes UPC an eligible university for requesting the admission to post-graduate studies. In this way, students from CHINA can apply to CSC scholarships having UPC as its destination university.
Grants for short/medium stages in other universities and research centers.
- Mobility program for students having FPU Grant (ME).
- Mobility program for students having FPI Grant (MINECO).
- Mobility program for students in doctoral programs of Catalonia BE Grants (AGAUR).
- Mobility grants for doctoral students in order to get the "International Mention" in their PhD Degree (ME).
Click here for an summary of approximative application periods of all these grants.
Last, the European Union has created the EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion initiative to promote the mobility of researchers within the EU. This initiative provides support services to help the researcher with burocratic steps, but also provides access to job offers and fellowships.